BMC is an 8 hour self-paced e-learning course that provides a visual introduction to the financial markets. BMC consists of 4 modules - Economics, Currencies, Fixed Income and Equities - woven together from Bloomberg data, news, analytics and television. You will learn the language of finance and discover the inner working of the market.
The course is available either through the Bloomberg Institute website or on the Bloomberg Terminal at BMC.
Learn the language of finance
- Supplement your university learnings with practical knowledge of the markets
- Familiarize yourself with over 70 Bloomberg Terminal functions
Discover the inner workings of the markets
- Learn what moves markets
- Familiarize yourself with key benchmarks that professionals monitor
Get Bloomberg on your resume
- Receive a certificate of completion after completing BMC
- Demonstrate your comfort with the gold standard data platform
BMC consists of 4 modules each requiring online learning time as marked in parenthesis.
1. Economics (~1 hour)
- The Primacy of GDP
- Monitoring GDP
- Forecasting GDP
2. Currencies (~1 hour)
- Currency Market Mechanics
- Currency Valuation
- Central Banks and Currencies
- Currency Risk
3. Fixed Income (~3 hours)
- Bond Valuation Drivers
- Central Bankers & Interest Rates
- The Yield Curve & Why It Matters
- Movements in the Yield Curve
4. Equities (~3 hours)
- Introducing the Stock Market
- The Nature of Equities
- Equity Research
- Absolute Valuation
- Relative Valuation
After completing all four modules of BMC, a certificate is awarded and available for download as shown below.