LLM in Rule of Law for Development
- Applicants must possess a first degree in law from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated interest or experience in rule of law and governance matters
- Sufficient proficiency in English
We accept applications on a rolling basis and invite you to apply now for next academic year which starts in September.
1. Complete and submit the Loyola online application (no fee required). You don’t need to have all of the supporting documents ready at the time of submitting the application form.
2. Submit your supporting materials listed in a) to f) below, by following the instructions given in the online application system:
a. Official Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Transcripts must verify completion of a bachelor’s degree and a primary law degree (e.g. JD or LLB);
b. Two Letters of Recommendation from professional reference contacts that are familiar with your education or professional experience;
c. A current Résumé or Curriculum Vitae;
d. 1-2 page Statement of Purpose detailing your motivation, career aspirations, and demonstrated interest in the subject area as well as your professional and personal skills. You should also address how the PROLAW degree will help you make a sustainable difference in rule of law and governance work.
For international applicants, the following documentation is also required:
f. Transcript Evaluation by a credential evaluation service which determines your degree's equivalency to a US degree and provides Loyola with an equivalent GPA (further details can be found here).
Instead of submitting the supporting documents individually, you may also use the services of the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your LSAC account number and we can then request to receive your documents directly from LSAC.
All application documentation that needs to be mailed should be sent to the following address:
Graduate & Professional Enrollment Management
Loyola University Chicago
820 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Applicant files are presented to and reviewed by the Loyola Admissions Committee only after all application materials have been received. Accepted applicants are notified promptly. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Graduate & Professional Enrollment Management at +1 312-915-8950 or email@example.com.