Litigation and Corporate Practice Certificate
This certificate combines the requirements of the Litigation Practice and Corporate Practice certificates and is designed for students who wish to earn specialized credentials in both subject areas. Note that this certificate requires completion of a total of 28 semester credits, more than the other certificates.
Dual Litigation & Corporate Practice Certificate in Paralegal Studies graduates will be able to:
- Prepare summaries of court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Develop legal arguments using court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Locate relevant legal sources from federal and state jurisdictions
- Apply paralegal and attorney code of ethics to situations typically encountered by paralegals
- Demonstrate intermediate competence using typical office software including word processing, spreadsheets, PDF’s
- Assist attorneys in preparing and presenting lawsuits
- Draft court pleadings and maintain case files and databases
- Collect and organize information through investigation and the discovery process
- Help prepare the case for trial, and often assist attorneys at trial by coordinating the case material.
- Assist attorneys who work for corporate clients document the organization and operation of business entities.
- Retrieve information to conduct due diligence procedures for commercial and real estate transactions.
- Draft contract provisions and coordinate the administrative process for contracts.
- Help clients in regulated industries demonstrate compliance with government regulations.