Fulbright Scholar Program: Opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa
Apply for Fulbright Opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa
The 2017-2018 Fulbright U.S Scholar Program competition is now open and accepting applications for awards in Sub-Saharan Africa! Each year, U.S. scholars in a wide variety of academic disciplines teach and/or conduct research at educational institutions and non-profit organizations across Sub-Saharan Africa. Beyond their specific research or teaching objectives, Fulbright Scholars to the region build relationships that serve as the foundation for future collaborations.
Some of the awards to the region this year are highlighted below. We also encourage you to review the complete list of awards here to find a match for your interests and expertise!
- Africa Regional Research Program
- Ethiopia All Disciplines Award
- Rwanda Science and Technology Award
- Mauritius Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development Award
- Sudan All Disciplines Award
- Ghana Engineering Award
- Cote d'Ivoire Agriculture, Biological Sciences or Environmental Sciences Award
- Niger All Disciplines Award
- Benin All Disciplines Award
- South Africa Education, Social Sciences, Humanities, Professional Fields and the Arts Award
- Swaziland Sociology Award
- Zambia Journalism and Broadcasting Award
- Mozambique All Disciplines Award
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and the deadline for complete applications is August 1, 2016. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
With best regards,
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program, Sub-Saharan Africa Team
Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
Institute of International Education (IIE)