- A baccalaureate degree and a certificate of completion of the Didactic Program in Dietetics from an accredited school
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in baccalaureate courses
- Acceptance in the Loyola Dietetic Internship as a current or incoming student, or current Registered Dietitian status
- Evidence of completion of a course in statistics prior to admission to the M.S. in Dietetics program
- $50.00 non-refundable graduate school application fee (fee waived for online application)
- A completed application form
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate coursework
- Scores for the GRE (general examination). This is not required if you have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in DPD program courses from an accredited program.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from a professional colleague or supervisor who has completed a master's or higher degree. If the applicant has been admitted to the dietetic internship within the last twelve months, the letters of recommendation that were submitted for dietetic internship application may be used.
- A statement of purpose describing your professional goals and reasons for pursuing an advanced degree.
- Current Registered Dietitian status as demonstrated by documentation from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) of the American Dietetic Association.
- Professional portfolio if internship was completed at any program other than Loyola.
- Either a TOEFL or IELTS score report is required for international applicants whose native language is not English. For the TOEFL, a score of at least 280 on the computer-based test or 650 on the written test is required. The minimum score for the new TOEFL iBT (Internet-based test) is 114-115. For the IELTS, a minimum score of 7 is required.
- International applicants must provide a transcript evaluation from the Commission of Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools, a transcript credentialing service for international schools.
Requirements for admission as a non-degree student consist of an application, application fee, statement of purpose, and transcripts.
The application and all supporting documents must be sent to Graduate Enrollment Management at the following address:
Graduate Enrollment Management
Loyola University Chicago
820 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1200
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Phone: (312) 915-8950
For more information about the academic program, or to arrange a visit, please contact:
Graduate Dietetic Program
Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
Loyola University Chicago
Phone: (773) 508-8298
Fax: (773) 508-3241