This post-baccalaureate program includes courses in advanced practice, leadership, inquiry, and clinical excellence/ practicum. Once accepted into the program, the student will meet with a faculty academic advisor to determine a final course of study.
Clinical practice experiences provide the foundation for the translation of evidence and theoretical knowledge into practice.
The hallmark of a successful BSN-DNP student is the ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of one’s area of specialty nursing practice and to effectively communicate this expertise to others. This is accomplished through a final “scholarly project” that demonstrates how evidence can be used to change or improve practice or outcomes for patients, families, and/or populations. The scholarly project is generally completed in one year. The development, implementation and evaluation of this project will occur over three semesters, in conjunction with the Practicum immersion experiences.
Individual Tracking Sheets
The following tracking sheets will be available soon.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in Substance Use and Addiction Disorders
- Family Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in Emergency Room
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in Oncology
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist program with specialization in Oncology
- Program is offered primarily online, with an immersion session incorporating course work, seminars, and presentations, held once each semester at the Loyola University Health Sciences Campus in Maywood, IL.
- Infection Prevention DNP
Clinical Experience Requirement
2,000 hours of recent clinical nursing experience is required prior to beginning the first practicum in the nursing track to which you are applying.