Faculty and Staff
Eric Roberts, DNP, FNP-BC, ENP-BC
Title/s: Assistant Professor
Office #: Building 125, Room 2532, HSD
|ADN||University of State of New York, Regents College||1995|
|BSN||University of Missouri Kansas City||2002|
|MSN||University of Missouri Kansas City||2002|
|DNP||Loyola University Chicago||2013|
Dr. Roberts is passionate about the academic preparation of Emergency Nurse Practitioners (ENPs) as well as post-graduate fellowship training to facilitate transition to the ENP role. Dr. Roberts is engaged in activities through the American Academy of Emergency Nurses Practitioners (AAENP) to help increase awareness of the educational needs of the ENP.
Courses Taught, 2015-2016
MSN 449 Complex Health Problems of the Adult/ Older Adult
GNUR 514 Common Health Problems of the Adult/ Older Adult
GNUR 450 Research for Health Professionals
Research/Scholarly Interests and Selected Publications
Dr. Roberts’s scholarly interest is in improving the quality of heath care for underserved populations that use the emergency department as a substitute for lack of access to primary care. He is also interested in the role of low health literacy on potentially preventable use of emergency services.
Roberts, E., & Gooch, M. (2016). Pharmacologic strategies for treatment of poisonings. Nursing Clinics of North America, 51(1), p. 57-68.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- NP in the emergency departments of Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital.
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners: 2014 to Present
- ENP Content Expert for American College of Nurse Practitioners: 2013 to 2015
Professional Organizational Membership:
- Emergency Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Midwest Nurses Research Society
- American Academy of Emergency Nurse Practitioners