Faculty and Staff
Emily Chin, PhD, RNC
Title/s: Assistant Professor
Office #: BVM, Room 1006, LSC
|BSN||University of Illinois at Chicago||2002|
|PhD||University of Illinois at Chicago||2012|
Theory and clinical components of women’s health and obstetrical nursing, pathophysiology, introduction to nursing.
Courses Taught, 2015-2016
MCN 273 Family Health Patterns I
GNUR 293 Pathophysiology
GNUR 102 Introduction to Professional Nursing Practice
Research/Scholarly Interests and Selected Publications
Obstetrical and perinatal nursing, pain, symptom management.
Chin, E. G., Vincent, C. and Wilkie, D. (2014). A Comprehensive Description of Postpartum Pain after Cesarean Delivery. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 43: 729–741. doi:10.1111/1552-6909.12483
Burke, C., Chin, E. (2016). Chorioamnionitis at Term: Definition, Diagnosis and Implications for Practice. Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing. Accepted for Publication.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Staff Nurse, Labor and Delivery, Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Committee member, March of Dimes Perinatal Nursing Advisory Council
- Committee member, Sigma Theta Tau International Alpha Beta Chapter
- Member, American Nurses Association
- Member, Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses