The Online LLM in Business Law degree is a 24-credit program that can be completed on a full-time basis in one calendar year or a part-time basis in two calendar years. Students can also choose to pursue a hybrid program, taking some classes online and some classes on campus. All students must complete 10 required credits, including a 4-credit master's thesis, and 14 elective credits in order to receive the LLM degree.
Students should take the Business Planning course during the first term in the program and the LLM Thesis Project in the final two terms of the program. Students are also required to attend two Education Immersion Weekends
LLM students can choose to start the program in the Fall term (starting in early September), Spring term (starting in early January) or Summer term (starting in early May) and must remain enrolled all year round, including summer terms.
Required Courses (credit hours)
- 808 - Governance, Ethics, and Compliance (Online)
- 831 - Business Planning (Online)
- 995 - LLM Thesis Project, Term 1
- 996 - LLM Thesis Project, Term 2
LLM students must take 14 elective credits. A selection of elective courses includes:
- 931 - Applied Learning Simulation (only offered on select Education Immersion Weekends)
- 820 - Case Studies in Compliance (name changed from Adv compliance)
- 836 - Compliance Seminar Series
- 835 - Compliance Training Methods
- 924 - Conducting Internal Investigations
- 832 - Contract Drafting
- 839 - Corporate Compliance
- 925 - Drafting Policies and Procedures
- 929 - Enterprise Risk Management
- 838 - European Union Privacy Law
- 812 - Financial Institution Regulation
- 845 - The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- 829 - Global Compliance
- 821 - International Business Law
- 930 - Leadership and Management Seminar Series
- 823 - Privacy and Security of Corporate Information
- 837 - Privacy Breach Incident Management and Reporting
- 923 - Privacy Program Management
- 833 - Securities Regulation for Lawyers
- 834 - Transactional Skills
Full course descriptions are available here. Students should consult the Online Course Schedule for a full list of course offerings each term. Hybrid students should contact HLBLstudentadvising@luc.edu for campus course offerings.
Certificate in Compliance Studies
Students enrolled in the LLM in Business Law & Compliance degree program may pursue a certificate in compliance studies. Students who earn a certificate are qualified to sit for compliance certification examinations.
For curriculum and course schedule advising, current students may contact HLBLstudentadvising@luc.edu.
The Center for Online Programs reserves the right to amend the degree requirements and to add to or delete from the list of courses that satisfy the degree requirement at any time.