Deadlines & Timing
- Catering Requests: Solidify menu at least 7 days prior to event; confirm headcount 72 hours prior.
- Facilities & Setup Requests: Place request no later than 1 week prior to event.
- Publicity, Internal: Submit your announcement by 4 pm the day before it should post.
- Room Requests: Submit request 7-10 days prior to the day you hope to receive the assignment.
Rooms should be requested as far in advance as possible, and should be requested using the Room Reservations Form.
Does your room require a certain type of setup? Do you need an extra table for food, extra chairs, or a table for panelists? Will you need extra garbage cans? Do you need a coat rack? For anything that requires additional assistance, make sure to include that information in your room request.
Note: If your event takes place in the Power Rogers & Smith Ceremonial Courtroom, please be aware that no one outside of the facilities staff is authorized to rearrange furniture. Additionally, Law Media Services must be contacted to move the whiteboards or rotate the podium.
Computer and Media Needs
You must contact LawMediaServices at least 72 hours in advance if questions arise. Corboy classrooms are equipped for common tasks such as playing a video or showing a powerpoint presentation, and each station has simple documentation you can follow.
If you would like to record an event::
- Contact Law Media Services for recording assistance and availability.
- Ensure that Audience Consent notices are posted visibly in your event location.
- Collect a signed Consent Form from each individual who appears on tape as a part of your program.
- Complete a Summary Sheet listing each of the individual who appears on tape as a part of your program, signed by the program organizer.
- Turn in all necessary materials to Lindsey Johnson.
- For Student Affairs use, we have a voucher system set up with Potash Bros. Market. Please see Giselle Santibanez-Bania for assistance.
- Aramark is Loyola's on-site caterer. You are welcome to contact Aramark to discuss their services at 773/508.6035. All orders with Aramark must be placed by a member of Loyola's faculty or staff.
- Serving alcohol at general events will be very rare and requires approval. Please contact Lindsey Johnson for more information.
Planning a CLE Program
Loyola University Chicago School of Law is an accredited Illinois Continuing Legal Education (CLE) provider, and as such, we strive to offer high-quality programs on a wide array of legal topics throughout the year.
When planning activities, our students and faculty are encouraged to keep in mind the option of offering CLE credit. To offer CLE credit for any program, approval must be granted by the Director of CLE Programming. Please do not advertise any programming as CLE-eligible until approval has been received and your number of credit hours has been determined. Programs offered without prior approval will not be retroactively certified.
The Illinois MCLE Board requires that CLE courses have:
- significant intellectual, educational or practical content to increase attorneys' competency;
- content that deals primarily with matters related to the practice of law;
- written materials supporting the course made available to participants;
- qualified faculty;
- a component of interactivity, such as Q&A with faculty
To discuss whether your program may be offered for CLE credit, contact:
Director Continuing Legal Education & Online Communication
Email: LoyolaLawCLE@luc.edu (preferred for CLE matters)
Email: email@example.com (alternate, non-CLE matters)
- Are any of your attendees or participants alumni? The Alumni Relations office would like to know. Please email Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When appropriate, Alumni Relations can assist with the development of contact lists. These requests can take up to four weeks to process.