Online LLM in Business & Compliance
The Master of Laws (LLM) in Business Law program is a post-JD master's degree program for attorneys who wish to develop or enhance a special expertise in transactional law and compliance.
This 24-credit LLM degree program can be completed exclusively online. The online LLM focuses practical skills courses and in-depth training in compliance, including courses in business planning, securities regulation, corporate compliance, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. This degree is designed for practitioners who would like to enhance their expertise in regulatory and transactional practice and develop practical skills for advising corporate clients.
Many MJ students choose to focus their studies on compliance coursework and can choose to pursue a certificate in compliance studies, which highlights their skills in compliance and qualifies them to sit for compliance industry examinations. For more on the compliance certificate and areas of focus, visit the Compliance Studies homepage.
By the end of this program students will be able to:
- Describe the various laws and regulations that impact the highly regulated business world across a variety of industries.
- Analyze ways in which governmental, institutional and professional policies directly and indirectly influence various business sectors and can give rise to ethical or compliance violations.
- Integrate laws and regulations to operational policies and procedures to yield best practice and affirm ethical business conduct.
- Anticipate clients’ needs and assist students in developing tools and procedures for engaging clients across a variety of heavily regulated business sectors.
- Demonstrate ability to draft and negotiate transactional documents for clients across industries.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully pass the Compliance Certification Board Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) certification exam for students enrolled in the compliance certificate option.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate in a professional and credible manner.
- Demonstrate mastery of the skills necessary to serve as a compliance professional across a number of industries.
- Advocate for the changes necessary to advance social justice and equity across a variety of industries.
The US Department of Education requires any institution offering distance education/online programs to students outside of its home state to acquire authorization from the states in which students reside. Regulations vary from state to state. While Loyola University Chicago is authorized, exempt or pursuing authorization in most states, some restrictions apply. Please see our State Authorization page for the most up-to-date information.
Loyola University Chicago is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.