Departments and Services
Information Technology Services (ITS)—Susan Malisch VP/CIO
We fulfill the Loyola mission by contributing skilled technological expertise and service, providing secure, reliable information and resources, in professional and collaborative consultation. Information Technology Services will serve as a partner and leader for technology needs and initiatives to enhance learning, teaching, research, and operations for Loyola University Chicago, higher education, and technology communities.
Departments within the ITS Division
- Office of the VP/CIO
- Academic and Data Services
- Business Operations and Administrative Services
- Enterprise Systems Services
- Infrastructure Support Services
Office of the VP/CIO
The Academic Technology Services unit within ITS is responsible for the planning and implementation of technology support of Loyola’s academic and classroom and lab systems and for the support of the use of technology by students, faculty, and staff.
- Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence, Tony Vavarutos—Manager
- Digital Media Services, Nick Liberatore—Manager
- Instructional Technology and Research Support, Tim Walker—Manager
- Web Development & Content Management, Cheryl Heckel—Manager
Business Operations and Administrative Services
- Angela Grossnickle — Business Manager
Enterprise Systems Services
The Enterprise Architecture and Project Management Office unit within ITS is responsible for the planning and process of Loyola’s business processes and projects as they relate to technology. The unit also is responsible for Loyola’s information security initiatives and operations.
- Application Development & Systems Integration, Larry Adams—Manager
- Business Systems Integration, John Schleibinger—Manager
- Database Management & Middleware, Charlotte Pullen—Manager
- Information Security, Jim Pardonek—Information Security Officer
- Project Management, Carlos Jarrin—PMO Manager
- Techonology Risk & Compliance - Joanne Kinner
Infrastructure Support Services
Dan Vonder Heide—Director
The Infrastructure Services unit within ITS is responsible for the planning, installation, maintenance, and support of Loyola’s networks, servers, and desktop computers across multiple campuses.