Welcome to Loyola University Chicago’s Guide to Receiving the Tuition Benefit. Loyola University Chicago offers the privilege of tuition remission to full-time, benefits eligible employees, qualified retirees, and/or their spouses, legally domiciled adults and dependent children. This tuition waiver program only covers the cost of tuition. Co-pays, fees, housing, books or required program deposits are excluded from the tuition waiver. This page will provide you with the steps needed to receive the Tuition Benefit. For more details regarding eligibility, administration and program exclusions please visit our Human Resources Tuition Benefit Policy page.
Receiving the Tuition Benefit
Faculty and Staff members and their dependents are required to complete the following in order to receive the tuition benefit.
- Meet eligibility requirements as noted in our Tuition Benefit Policy
- Acceptance into Loyola University Chicago by the Admissions Department
- Enrolled as a student (degree or non-degree seeking)
- Dependents (spouses/LDA’s and children under the age of 24) must be listed as a dependent of the Faculty or Staff member in Employee Self Service. Social Security numbers (SSN) are required. If your dependent isn’t eligible for a SSN please contact the Benefits Department.
- Completion of the FAFSA is required for:
- Employees attending at least half time (two or more courses each semester for undergrad studies and one or more courses per quarter for graduate studies.)
- All dependent children under the age of 24
- All spouses or LDA’s
- Dependents participating in the Summer Scholars Program are not required to complete the FAFSA
- Renewal of the FAFSA each academic year you or your dependent is enrolled
- Enrolled in an eligible course or program-See the policy page for Tuition Benefit exclusions and restrictions
- Maintain Good Academic Standing
- No Tuition Benefit form needed – receiving the benefit is a paperless process
Faculty and Staff Children Exchange Program (FACHEX)
The FACHEX Program is an Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) tuition exchange program that is administered by the Financial Aid Department and eligible for the Tuition Benefit program. Please visit the FACHEX program website for more details.
Summer Scholars Program
Loyola University Chicago offers a pre-college summer program and this program is eligible for the tuition benefit. For more information please visit the Summer Scholars web page.