Loyola University Chicago is committed to providing you with the resources and information necessary to assist you with making informed decisions. Please visit the resources below for additional information on your current benefits, and the status of those benefits after retirement. We have also provided helpful links to important Medicare information that you will need to become familiar with as you consider retirement:
- Retirement Checklist - Handy to-do list with a suggested timeline of the steps that should be taken as early as 90 days prior to retirement through 60 days post-retirement.
- Retirement Vendor Information - Information regarding your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (DCRP) and also the LUERP pension plan.
- Your Retirement Benefits At-a-Glance - Many of your questions about the status of your current enrollment in the University’s benefits, after retirement, can be answered with this resource.
For additional information regarding retiree privileges, ranging from the continuation of your library privileges, continued access to your Universal computing ID (UVID), and/or your LUC.edu email account after retirement, please contact email@example.com for details.
- Certificate of Creditable Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medicare Basics - Contains information regarding types of Medicare coverage, including cost, along with how and when to enroll in a plan.
- Medicare & You Handbook—Official government handbook with detailed information explaining the Medicare insurance program.
Retiree Health Reimbursement Account
As of December 31, 2018, Loyola University Chicago has ceased providing annual contributions and interest credits to Retiree Health Reimbursement Accounts. Account balances as of December 31, 2018 will continue to be available to eligible employees upon retirement.
BCBS Retiree Health Plan and Medicare Part D Plan
As of December 31, 2017, Loyola University Chicago has terminated the Loyola University Blue Cross Blue Shield Retiree Health Plan and Medicare Part D Plan.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and a Benefits Specialist will follow up with you.