Your dedication to Loyola University Chicago throughout the years has played an important role in making this university the superior academic institution that it is today! Please review the below information on this page, as Loyola is changing the way we provide retiree health coverage to our Medicare-eligible retirees effective January 1, 2018.
Changes to the Loyola Retiree Health Plan and Medicare Part D Plan
Loyola University Chicago is changing the way we provide retiree health coverage to our Medicare-eligible retired participants by offering access to a variety of individual health and prescription drug plans through a private health insurance marketplace called OneExchange.
As of December 31, 2017, Loyola University of Chicago is terminating the Loyola University Blue Cross Blue Shield Retiree Health Plan and Medicare Part D Plan.
All participants will be able to enroll in individual Medicare supplemental coverage through OneExchange. Learn more below.
Changes to the Loyola Retiree Health Savings Account
The Retiree Health Savings Account funded by Loyola University of Chicago will be transferred to OneExchange effective January 1, 2018 and it will be known as a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
BenefitExpress will no longer administer the Loyola University Retiree Health Savings Accounts for claims incurred after
- The first step in retirement planning is to review the Retirement Checklist at least 90 days prior to your retirement. The document provides you with a guide for what you may need to consider, or act on, in preparation for retirement.
- Complete the enrollment form for the Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
To help you find coverage that meets your health and financial needs, OneExchange has licensed benefit advisors who will provide personalized, over-the-phone support to guide you through your plan options and enroll you in new coverage. OneExchange licensed benefit advisers work as unbiased advocates with no financial incentive or reward for enrolling you in one health plan over another.
Beginning October 22, 2017, you can also review available plan options on the OneExchange website: Medicare.OneExchange.com/Loyola.
As of January 1, 2018, all retiree health plan participants will be able to enroll in individual Medicare supplemental coverage through OneExchange.
- As of January 1, 2018, if the retiree medical plan participant does not enroll in a plan through OneExchange during the specified enrollment period, then as of January 1, 2018, the participant will no longer be covered under the Loyola group health plan.
Guaranteed Issue during the Special Enrollment Period through OneExchange. If you enroll by December 29, 2017, you will be guaranteed issue, which means you will not be denied coverage or asked to pay a higher premium as a result of a current or prior health conditions.
- If you have any questions about what happens if you did not enroll by December 29, 2017, please contact OneExchange at 1-855-229-3283 (Monday thru Friday from 7:00AM - 8:00PM CT) or visit Medicare.OneExchange.com/Loyola.
- You can contact OneExchange toll-free at 1-855-229-3283 (Monday thru Friday from 7:00AM - 8:00PM CST).
- If you are calling from outside the United States, please call 1-801-994-980
- Visit: Medicare.OneExchange.com/Loyola