Learning more about Loyola, included available benefits, will help you as you begin your new role. Remember that you have 31 days from your date of hire to enroll in your benefits and coverage will be effective on the first day of the month following your date of hire (or on the actual date of hire, if hired on the first of the month). To get started, we encourage you to review the following information:
- Loyola 101 Orientation (staff members please review your offer letter)
- New Hire - Brainshark Presentation - Learn about benefits offered at Loyola through audio recording.
- New Hire - Brainshark Presentation (PDF version)
- *ALEX - Your online Personalized Benefits Counselor and ALEX will help find the best benefit plans for you and your family.
- Enrollment Guide - Employee Self-Service - Learn about how to enroll in your benefits online.
Need personal assistance? Contact a Benefits Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-915-6175.
*ALEX does not determine benefits eligibility or process your benefits enrollment.
Checkout the 2018 Benefits Booklet which includes detailed information regarding benefits offered at Loyola.
- After 60 days of employment, benefit-eligible employees will receive University contributions of 5% of their salary each pay period to the DCRP.
- After 60 days of employment, employees can also receive additional matching contributions each pay period from the University.
- The University will match employees' contributions up to a maximum of 5% of salary.
- Employees are immediately vested in the University’s contributions.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PLAN HERE
- Contact the Retirement Call Center at (773) 508 - 2770 or by visiting the Transamerica Scheduler website to schedule a meeting with a retirement planning consultant to learn more about financial literacy steps you should consider taking to build a healthy retirement portfolio.
- To review and manage your retirement account online please visit the Loyola's Transamerica site at luc.trsretire.com.
- Learn more about this great benefit, including requirements and covered courses per academic term here.
Loyola University Chicago is committed to providing a safe campus experience for faculty, staff, and students. In order to create a safe and informed campus community, Campus Safety has implemented Loyola Alert, which is an emergency messaging service that provides personalized, time-sensitive alerts to students, faculty, staff and other personnel in the event of unforeseen events or potentially
life-threatening emergencies at the lakeside campuses. Loyola Alert will immediately send messages to registered participants via the following communication channels:
- Text messages to cell phones
- Voice messages to land lines and cell phones
- Written messages to personal e-mail accounts
We encourage University faculty, staff, and students to sign-up to receive Loyola Alerts.
- Learn more: https://www.luc.edu/safety/alert/
- Review the paid time off policies for vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time here.
- Checkout the Wellness Program for additional details!