Vision Insurance FAQs
You may choose from two vision plan options: Vision Service Plan (VSP) or Davis Vision via Blue Cross Blue Shield Illinois:
|With this plan, you may use any provider, but you will receive a higher level of benefits if you choose a VSP network provider, and you won’t have to file claims. If you choose an out-of-network provider, you pay the provider, and file a claim with VSP for reimbursement.||If you are enrolled in the Loyola Advantage PPO plan, you have coverage for annual eye exams through a Blue Cross Blue Shield IL PPO provider, Davis Vision.|
|VSP offers discounts on PRK, LASIK and Custom LASIK surgeries through many of the nation’s finest laser surgery facilities and doctors. Additional plan features include the following:
||You can receive discounts on vision hardware through a Blue Cross Blue Shield IL partnership with Davis Vision.
- Additional information about pricing can be found in the Benefits Booklet on page 26.
With a vsp.com account, you can:
- View your benefit information and eligible services
- Print a member ID card (not required for visits, but great for card holders!)
- Find an eye care provider near you, including Premier Program locations where you'll get the most out of your benefits
- Browse exclusive member extras to save you money
Visit vsp.com for info on how to keep your eyes healthy and maximize your vision benefits.
If you enroll in the VSP plan, and if your optometrist or ophthalmologist is a Davis Vision provider, or if you use a Davis Vision provider for products and services, present your Blue Cross Blue Shield Illinois (BCBSIL) ID card to compare discounts on frames, lenses, and contact lenses to determine which plan offers the better value.
- Davis Vision discounts are available only at Davis Vision providers.