Gannon Center Undergraduate Women's Leadership Award
The Gannon Center for Women and Leadership, in conjunction with the Gannon Scholars Leadership Program, is pleased to announce the fourth annual Undergraduate Women’s Leadership Award.
This award recognizes women undergraduate students who exemplify Loyola’s Jesuit values and the Gannon Center’s mission of fostering a more just world through leadership, research, and service.
Each year the Gannon Center selects one recipient for the Undergraduate Women’s Leadership Award. The recipient is chosen from a pool of nominations submitted by faculty, staff, and students and is based on an application submitted by the nominee.
The Award recipient will be announced at a reception on the evening of March 20, 2017. The recipient will receive a prize of $500.
Award Criteria & Selection Process
- The award is open to any currently enrolled woman undergraduate student. A student may not win the award more than once.
- Nominee must first be nominated by a Loyola faculty or staff member or current Loyola student.
- After a nomination is received, the nominee will be contacted and asked to submit a brief reflection on how they contribute to a more just world.
- Nominee must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- All nominees will be asked to attend the reception on March 20, 2017.
- All Nomination Forms are due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 19, 2016.
- Nominated students will be contacted via email to complete the Nominee Application Form and return it via email to email@example.com by January 30, 2017.
- Nominations and applications will be reviewed by the Gannon Center Director, Janet Sisler, along with faculty, staff, and student representatives.
2017 Nomination Form & Nominee Application Form