Exchange students will receive an assigned academic advisor to assist with course registration and can send questions to First and Second Year Advising.
"English as a Second Language: If you would like to learn more about English language resources and support available, please visit the English Language Learning Program website: www.luc.edu/esl. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions."
- Register for the new student on-campus orientation scheduled for August 21-24 2017. You will attend both the new student orientation and the international student orientation.
- You will enroll in your courses from home in June with the assistance of personal course recommendations from an academic advisor, prior to attending orientation.
- Take your Writing placement tests as soon as possible. Your scores are necessary before you register for fall courses. The tests are online and can be accessed on the orientation preparation website.
- The Math Placement Test is required to register for most math, science, and business courses. You should have a quiet space to take the test and are permitted to use a calculator. You must complete this test before May 24th.
- The Writing Placement Test is required for students who are notified of the need to take the exam.
- Foreign Language Placement Assessments are available for French, Spanish, and German.
- Dance Placement Assessment is for students in the Dance Program. Only for students registering for dance classes level II and above should attend (Students registering for introductory Level I courses need not attend).
- Complete the Advising Assessment Form no later than May 15th. Once you complete the form, an academic advisor will contact you via email with a list of suggested courses for fall semester.
- Visit the new student Technology RoadMap to learn how to navigate Loyola’s email platform and the LOCUS portal. You will utilize LOCUS to enroll in your fall classes.
- Register for your classes from home. Registration via LOCUS will open on June 1st and will close on June 30th.
- Contact the Office of International Programs advisors with questions pertaining to your non-immigrant status.
Helpful Videos and Links
- The Transitioning to College video highlights some important information about your transition to Loyola; including credit hours, advisors, and your first semester schedule
- If you are expecting AP/IB/CLEP or college transfer credits, stay tuned for a new video to learn about Loyola's policies.
- Watch this video to learn about UNIV 101 - the 1 credit hour, required class for all first year students.
Schedule Builder: Use this to help you keep track of when your classes will meet.
Registration Self Audit: Please complete this checklist once you have finished registering for your fall courses.
International students can check back here for resources, helpful information, and advice: