Student Juried Show
All students are invited to submit work to the Annual Student Art Competition including drawing, painting, photography, color theory, two and three dimensional design, graphic design, ceramics and sculpture, and any combination thereof.
This year's jurors are Kristin Abhalter Smith and Nathan Abhalter Smith. Kristin Abhalter Smith is the founder and creative director of Roman Susan Art Foundation. She has an M.F.A. in Design & Technology for Theatre from University of Minnesota and a B.A. in Design and Cultural Anthropology from Washington University in St. Louis. Abhalter Smith has shared her artwork at Art on Armitage, For The Thundercloud Generation, Ignition Projects, and Peanut Gallery in Chicago, Outcenter in Benton Harbor, STNDRD in Granite City, Art of This and Art Shanty Projects in Minneapolis, and Demo Project in Springfield. She also designs sets and paints for stage and motion picture. For work samples and more info, please visit kristin.abhaltersmith.com.
Nathan Abhalter Smith is a director of Roman Susan Art Foundation. He has worked as an exhibitions coordinator at 6018North and Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center, and helps program art projects for The Back Room at Kim’s Corner Food. For work samples and more info, please visit nathan.abhaltersmith.org.
|Submissions Open||Monday, November 12, 2018|
|Submissions Close||Sunday, December 30, 2018|
|Accepted Submissions Notified||Friday, January 11, 2019|
|Accepted Submissions Delivered to Ralph Arnold Annex||
Thursday, January 17 - Saturday, January 19, 2019
|Opening Reception||Thursday, January 21, 2019|
- Selection Process: This exhibition will be juried from uploaded images. Students may enter up to three works for consideration, and a separate form should be filled out for each piece of work. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Media and Specifications: Open to visual art media including: painting, drawing, photography, video, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, metalwork, and design.
- Presentation of Accepted Artwork: Each piece accepted into the show should be labeled with student's name, title of piece, and medium on the back or bottom of the artwork. Student must include any special installation instructions and uncommon hardware. The Gallery Directors and Jurors retain the right to exclude work not professionally presented or not conforming to the prospectus guidelines.
- Liability: All reasonable effort and care will be given for the works while in the care of the Ralph Arnold Annex. Limited insurance for the replacement of materials is provided in the event of loss or damage of works while on display in the Ralph Arnold Annex.
- Sales and Reproduction: No commission is charged for the sale of work. Any inquiries will be directed to the artist. Entrants agree to allow accepted work to be reproduced as necessary for publication/promotion purposes.
- Eligibility: Open to all currently enrolled Loyola University Chicago students. All works must be original and completed within the last year. Works submitted could be made within a class or independently.