All candidates earning an Illinois State Board of Education license are responsible for following the procedures indicated below.
- Teacher Preparation Internship Experience
- Review of Teacher Candidates
- Criminal Background Checks: Criminal background checks are required prior to initial field or practicum/internship experience in the schools.
- Educational Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA): This performance-based assessment is embedded in the pre-service teaching experience. Its successful completion is a State requirement for licensure. Loyola's password protected edTPA web site.
- Qualifying Information for Licensure: This information is taken from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) licensure requirements. We share this information with you to inform you that if you fall into one of these categories, you may not qualify for licensure in the state of Illinois.
- State of Illinois Testing Requirements
- State of Illinois Course Grade Requirements (PDF)
|Checklist for Completing your
Professional Educator License (PEL)
For licensure application forms, see our Forms page.