MA in Research Methodology
This terminal masters is for individuals interested in careers as data analysts, evaluators, or institutional researchers for academic institutions, large professional organizations, testing companies, and consulting agencies. Individuals considering future doctoral study may also choose to do the optional thesis requirement, which provides an opportunity to conduct independent research.
The program emphasizes a broad range of research methods including both quantitative and qualitative methods. This degree is conferred by The Graduate School.
- Become qualified for careers that are in high demand.
- Complete the program in as few as three semesters.
- Study at a highly respected university, with faculty who are leaders in their fields.
- Have the option to conduct research for a master's thesis and prepare for a doctoral program.
- Evaluate critically bodies of knowledge in research methodologies from a variety of methodological traditions.
- Understand the assumptions of different methodological approaches.
- Use computer software to implement a wide range of analyses.
- Interpret evidence appropriately from a variety of methodological traditions.
- Assist with all stages of a research study in applied settings.
- Engage in ethical, just, and culturally competent research practices
Explore the program
The Research Methodology Program Distinguished Alumnus/a Award is given for outstanding contributions to the profession and the school. It is presented annually at the Loyola School of Education’s Fall Alumni Reception.