Teaching and Learning Certificate for Practicing Teachers: IB
International Baccalaureate (IB)
* PYP - Primary Years Programme
* MYP - Middle Years Programme
The International Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching and Learning for both the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and the Middle Years Programme (MYP) are each a 10-credit online course of study for
* in-service pre-kindergarten through fifth grade teachers for the PYP or
* in-service sixth through tenth grade teachers for the MYP.
Geared toward preparing practicing teachers to work in International Baccalaureate (IB) schools, this graduate-level program provides instruction related to the IB history and philosophy, curriculum design and methodology, the assessment of learning, and the use of student data for instructional decision-making.
- The program is 100% online with asynchronous sessions.
- The duration of the program is about seven months.
- Network with other educators around the country and the world via an online platform.
- Eligible for an IB certificate in teaching and learning.
Cohorts are available at the Water Tower Campus starting every Summer (late June/early July) term. This cohort program is available to Chicago Public School teachers and Catholic school teachers with a tuition discount.