School Counseling Endorsement
Application Deadlines for Fall: January 1
A Completed Application Form
You may submit your application form online.
Applicants must submit official transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work. To be eligible for admission, your transcript must show an earned bachelor's degree or a bachelor’s degree in progress. Certified copies of transcripts are acceptable; faxed copies of transcripts are not considered official. If you attended Loyola University Chicago previously, you do not need to request transcripts; we have them on record.
Transcripts must show a GPA of at least a 3.0. In exceptional cases, applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 may be admitted. Each program area gives meaningful consideration to the applicant's graduate GPA, recommendations, professional experience and reasons for pursuing a graduate program, as well as to the diversity of the student body.
Two Letters of Recommendation
If you supply your recommender’s email address as part of your completed online application form, then your recommendation letters may be submitted online. Or, your recommenders may choose to mail them to:
Graduate & Professional Enrollment Management
820 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
We ask that you submit only two letters, no more, no less. Recommenders may be academic or professional in nature.
A Personal Statement
Your statement should be 1-3 pages, and you should describe your:
- Academic and research interests, as well as your professional goals;
- Life experiences that have influenced your view of social justice.
- Any research and professional experiences
Illinois Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP)
(formerly known as the Illinois Basic Skills Test)
Proof of passing score must be submitted no later than second semester registration to continue in the program. Candidates may apply using the ACT/SAT scores in LIEU of the TAP. (For minimum ACT/SAT scores, see the Illinois Basic Skills Testing Requirement.)
- Please use these instructions for submitting ACT/SAT scores in lieu of the TAP.
- To submit proof of passing scores an Education Licensure Information System (ELIS) screen shot must be submitted as part of the admission process. You can access the information by creating an ELIS account. You will then be able to view your testing information and future licensure information with the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
Please refer to the study guide and registration on the Illinois Licensure Testing System site.