Faculty and Staff Directory
Ryan, Ann Marie
- Ph.D., University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Teaching, Learning and Leading with Schools and Communities
- Curriculum and Instruction
- The history of Catholic education in the United States from the early to mid twentieth century
- Teaching and learning in history and the social sciences
- Urban field-based teacher preparation
- School, community and university partnerships
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- American Educational Research Association
- History of Education Society
- National Council for the Social Studies
- CIEP 440 Curriculum and Instruction
- CIEP 520 Doctoral Seminar in Curriculum and Instruction
- CIEP 521 Curriculum Theory
- TLSC 300 Professional Learning Communities - Social Studies
- Faculty Fellow, Faculty Center for Ignatian Pedagogy (2017-18)
- Association of Teacher Educators Clinical Fellow, Association of Teacher Educators (2015 and 2016)
- Loyola University Chicago, School of Education Distinguished Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching (2012)
- Catholic Press Award, Catholic Press Association of the United States and Canada, Third Place for Best Essay in a Scholarly Journal (2010)
- Ryan, Ann Marie, Charles Tocci and Seungho Moon. The Curriculum Foundations Reader. New York: Palgrave Macmillan (Forthcoming).
- Teaching, Learning, and Leading with Schools and Communities: Field-based Teacher Education. Edited by Amy J. Heineke and Ann Marie Ryan. New York: Routledge (Forthcoming).
- Hedges, Larry V., Terri D. Pigott, Joshua R. Polanin, Ann Marie Ryan, Charles Tocci and Ryan T. Williams, “The Question of School Resources and Student Achievement: A History and Reconsideration.” Review of Research in Education 40, (2016) 143-168.
- Heineke, Amy, Ann Marie Ryan and Charles Tocci. “Teaching, Learning, and Leading: Preparing Teachers as Educational Policy Actors.” Journal of Teacher Education, 66, no. 4 (September/October 2015) 382-394.
- Ryan, Ann Marie, Amy J. Heineke and Caleb E. Steindam. “Preparing Globally Minded Teachers through the Incorporation of the International Baccalaureate.” Journal of Education 194, no. 3 (Fall 2014) 39-51.
- Ryan, Ann Marie. “From Child Study to Efficiency: District Administrators and the Use of Testing in the Chicago Public Schools, 1899 to 1928.” Paedagogica Historica 47, no. 3 (June 2011) 341-54.