Faculty and Staff Directory
Boyle, Michael J.
Michael J. Boyle is the Director of the Andrew M. Greeley Center for Catholic Education at Loyola University Chicago. Dr. Boyle has worked in education in a variety of settings and roles. As a school psychologist at both the high school and elementary levels, he worked with students across a broad range of areas of exceptionality. He has also served as a special education administrator in several public school districts. Additionally, Dr. Boyle also served as principal in a Catholic elementary school.
Dr. Boyle serves on the governing board of the Journal of Catholic Education. The National Catholic Education Association published Dr. Boyle’s book, Response to Intervention: A Framework for Catholic Schools, in April 2010. He has also contributed a chapter to the book, "Scholarly Essays on Catholic School Leadership: Research and Insights on Attaining the Mission of Catholic Schools" (NCEA, 2012). Dr. Boyle is also a member of the governing board of the National Catholic Partnership on Disability as well a member of the Professional Development advisory board of the National Catholic Education Association.
In 2014, Dr. Boyle was named the recipient of the C. Albert Koob Merit Award by the National Catholic Education Association for significant contributions to Catholic education.
Dr. Boyle has provided staff development programs to a number of educational agencies across the country in the areas of mission driven leadership, response to intervention in Catholic schools and inclusion.
Ph.D. Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Administration & Supervision
- Superintendent Endorsement
- Inclusive Practices in Catholic Schools
- Catholic school leadership development
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, Governing Board for Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice (2011-2013)
- CIEP 431 Three Tiered Prevention: Advanced Primary Supports
- CIEP 432 Three Tiered Prevention: Secondary and Tertiary Supports
- ELPS 481 Mission Driven Leadership
- 2014 C. Albert Koob OPraem Merit Award -National Catholic Educational Association
- Boyle, M. (2012) LES is More: Developing and Delivering Effective Professional Development to Faculty and Staff in Scholarly Essays on Catholic School Leadership (Robey, P. ed) Washington, DC: National Catholic Education Association.
- Boyle, M (2010) Response to intervention: A blueprint for Catholic schools. Washington, DC: National Catholic Education Association.
- Boyle, M. (2010) Developing and sustaining leaders for Catholic Schools: A summary of the conference proceedings of the second Catholic Higher Education Collaborative conference. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice.