Students Together Are Reaching Success (STARS)
Celebrating 30 Years of Mentorship!
Welcome Class of 2020!
STARS (Students Together Are Reaching Success) is a peer mentorship and college success program that connects first-year students with successful upperclassmen for personal and group mentoring. Students also have the opportunity to attend social & cultural events, participate in workshops on academic success, and be part of experiences to enhance their leadership skills.
Students who identify with either of the following backgrounds are qualified to join STARS:
- First-generation college students (i.e., first in their family to attend college; neither parent has earned their college degree in the U.S.)
- Students of color (i.e., African American/Black, Arab American, Asian American, Latino/a, Middle Eastern, Native American, Pacific Islander, or multiracial students)
The Mentee Experience
As a mentee of the STARS program, you will:
- Be matched with peer mentor throughout your first year in college. All mentors are past mentees of STARS and have a significant amount of knowledge and resources that will help you be the best student possible.
- Attend monthly social activities, cultural events, and educational workshops specifically designed for STARS mentees to meet other first-year students and learn about resources for college success.
- Be eligible to apply for a scholarship award to cover a portion of tuition costs for the spring semester. Scholarship recipients also have the opportunity to participate in activities to enhance leadership skills.
Ready to sign up? Click Here!
Note: There is no fee to join the STARS program. For more information, please contact Paige Gardner at email@example.com.