The Executive Council on Diversity and Inclusion is excited to announce that the 2019 MLK Celebration will take place during the week of January 21, 2019! The theme for 2019, MLK Celebration: Addressing Disparity through Awareness, Advocacy and Action will be reflected across a series of events and activities.
- Service Days
- January 21, 24 and 25 (Chicagoland)
- Loyola faculty, staff, and students
- Learn more - including how to sign-up to volunteer and receive a free t-shirt
- Interfaith Dialogue - January 22 (LSC)
- 5:30PM - 7:00PM | Information Commons 4th Floor
- We encourage you to attend to learn more about how faith traditions at Loyola incorporate Dr. King's practices
- Lakeside Key Note Speaker - January 23 (WTC/LSC)
- Broderick Johnson, Esq
- 11:45AM - 1:00PM (Luncheon - WTC)
- Kasbeer Hall (Corboy Law Center)
- Key Note Presentation and Discussion (LSC)
- 5:30PM - 7:00PM
- Sister Jean Multipurpose Room
- HSD Keynote Speaker (Documentary Screening & Discussion) - January 24
- David Ansell, MD
- 5:30PM - 8:00PM
- Tobin Hall (Stritch School of Medicine)
- Documentary: The Power to Heal
- Register online
Checkout the 2019 MLK Celebration Poster for additional information.
Note: Accessibility services are available, learn more online.
MLK Celebration Photos
Interested in seeing photos from the MLK Service Days and events? Checkout the online collection.