Diversity Awards Celebration
The Department of Student Diversity and Multicultural Affairs is honored and excited to organize the 13th Annual Diversity Awards Recognition Ceremony. This ceremony is designed to highlight and showcase key Loyola University Chicago students, alumni, faculty, and staff members who have contributed to the success of our diverse student population academically, spiritually, culturally and professionally. It also highlights outstanding individuals who have committed themselves to embracing diversity and social justice at Loyola.
2018 Nomination Information (NOMINATIONS have now closed as of February 20)
The Diversity Awards ceremony is part of the annual Loyola Weekend of Excellence which celebrates outstanding Ramblers from across our University.
Here is a list of the award categories:
- Emerging Leader Award (first or second year undergraduate student)
- Father Arrupe Award (graduate assistant or research assistant)
- Community and Solidarity Award (registered or sponsored student organization)
- Motivational Member Award (member of a registered or sponsored student organization)
- Lifelong Commitment to Social Justice Award (professional staff member)
- Social Justice in Action Award (undergraduate student)
- Transformative Education Award (faculty member)
- Set the World on Fire Award (alumnus who is a Loyola faculty or staff member)
2018 Reception Information
The Awards reception will take place at the Lake Shore Campus on Friday, April 20, 2018. Nominees, their guests, and invited staff, faculty, and students will gather at the Damen Schmidt Multi-Purpose Room from 4:00 p.m.-5:15 p.m.
For more information about this event or for accommodations, please contact email@example.com.