Under the leadership of the Department of Student Diversity and Multicultural Affairs, the Diversity Council serves primarily as a body of student representatives that address issues surrounding diversity at the university and engage in leadership development opportunities. With this general purpose, the Diversity Council will focus on the following goals:
- Communicate and discuss issues that have an effect on the students, faculty and staff regarding diversity at the university
- Provide a venue for individuals or departments who wish to share particular information or specific issues regarding diversity on campus
- Address incidents that threaten the university's commitment to diversity and Jesuit values and recommend appropriate action
- Propose initiatives that will improve diversity and contribute to the campus climate at the university
- Engage student organization board members in leadership development opportunities
- Provide a channel through which members can effectively communicate pertinent information and ideas to one another
- Act as a forum to facilitate collaboration between different student groups serving Loyola's under-represented students.
The Diversity Council comprises the executive board members of the cultural student organizations and those organizations with a social justice mission.
University recognized student groups dedicated to diversity or social justice are welcomed to join Diversity Council. Please contact Joe Saucedo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get your student group involved.
Meetings are held once each month during the academic year. Please check back for the next DC Meeting.
To add items to the agenda, participants should inform SDMA Director, Joe Saucedo before the scheduled meeting.
RSVPs are encouraged to inform the board of the number of attendees.