SDMA Mentorship Experiences
Join the SDMA Mentorship Experience!
The Department of Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs' Mentorship Programs offers 3 Mentorship experiences such as Brothers for Excellence (B4E), Loyola University Chicago Empowering Sisterhood (LUCES), and Students Together Are Reaching Success (STARS). Each of these programs provide a community and safe space for Men of Color, Women of Color, and First Generation/Students of Color to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally! Students enrolled in any of these programs recieve mentoring from student leaders, professional staff and faculty members of Loyola. By participating in these programs you will have the chance to build Loyola family and community, and build confidence in academic, social and professional life.
Apply Now for one of SDMA's Mentorship programs by clicking here.
- Priority Application Deadline is April 1, 2018 before 11:00pm
- General Application Deadline is May 1, 2018 before 11:00pm
SDMA Mentorship Requirements
- Selected participants will be required to take one of the SDMA UNIV 101 sections that correlates to their primary mentorship program of choice (STARS, LUCES or B4E – Your academic advisor will place you in the correct section during summer orientation).
- Selected participants must allow SDMA staff to access your academic and financial records in order to provide support and direct connections to resources that will help you be successful.
- Selected applicants who will live on campus are strongly encouraged to choose the Multicultural Learning Community (MCLC) as a place to build connections with students who share similar and different identities as well as a passion for social justice. The MCLC serves as a residential community for mentees connected to SDMA and for those interested in engaging fellow peers in topics of social justice, social change, and identities.