Loyola Media Migration
This page houses useful information as it relates to the sunsetting of the Loyola Media (Kaltura) system, to be replaced by Panopto for audio and video repository hosting. For more information regarding these changes, visit Spring 2018 Technology Changes.
Although a majority of the migration process will be done in coordination with our vendor, this page identifies steps required for each user, as well as some helpful resources to best ensure a smooth transition.
What do I need to do in preparation for the migration of Loyola Media content? (Login to Panopto)
At this time, the only step necessary for Loyola Media content owners is to login to Panopto, if you have not done so already. Click here to login to Panopto. At the top-right, click the Sign-In button. From the User Sign-In window, keep 'Sign in using' as Loyola, enter your Username and Password, then click Sign in.
How do I learn more about Panopto?
To learn more about the Panopto system and features, visit Instructional Technology & Research Support's Panopto page.
At this time, the only step necessary is to login to the Panopto system, if you have never done so before.
- Click here to login to Panopto.
- At the top-right, click the Sign-In button. From the User Sign-in window, keep Sign in using as Loyola, enter your Username and Password, then click Sign in.
That's it! This will establish your account folder within the system, so we can link your media to your account in Panopto. As we migrate your media over, we will notify you later in the Spring Semester to confirm you see your media.
To learn more about the features in Panopto, visit Instructional Technology & Research Support's Panopto pages.
After we confirm all media has been copied to Panopto, we will advise the following steps for content owners:
- Login to Panopto to verify you can see your media. You are welcome to login to Loyola Media to cross-reference total media counts, as the media was copied to Panopto and will temporarily be present there until Loyola Media is sunset in May.
- Verify access rights. We will strive to match access rights and details for media. To best ensure your content is accessible as you intend (Private, Unlisted, or Public, as it's known within Loyola Media), you are welcome to verify access rights are configured for any media that you had previously flagged as Private or Unlisted.
- Review and update embed codes for videos you may have embedded elsewhere. If you previously linked to a Loyola Media video or audio file, either through the T4 content management system, a private or internal Sakai course/project site, or your own personal webpage or emailing lists, you will need to update these. We will work with Loyola's webteam to help identify any pages with embedded content within the T4 content management system as well.
Click above to expand out each section for more details and instructions.
This section provides a brief overview of milestones for this project, as we complete them.
- December 19th, 2017. Announcement of Spring 2018 Technology Changes.
- February 2nd, 2018. Directed announcement to active Loyola Media content owners regarding migration of content to Panopto.
- February 28th, 2018. Full copy of Loyola Media content downloaded.
- March 27th, 2018. Full copy of Loyola Media content provided to Panopto.
- In-Progress. Panopto actively importing Loyola Media content.