Students who are eligible for graduation are invited to participate in Commencement. Below are some steps each student should take in preparing for Commencement.
- Apply for graduation with your dean’s office.
- Complete all necessary coursework to graduate.
- Check LOCUS to make sure your name is spelled correctly and your address is correct. This is how your name will appear on the diploma and where your diploma will be mailed.
- Check your Loyola e-mail account for messages about registering to participate in your school’s Commencement ceremony.
- Register online to participate in your Commencement ceremony. Arrupe College, College of Arts and Sciences, Quinlan School of Business undergraduate graduates: This is when you will register for your tickets.
- Attend the Grad Fair to pick up your cap and gown.
- Tell your parents that you are graduating, and give them the information about your Commencement ceremony. Arrupe College, College of Arts and Sciences, Quinlan School of Business, Stritch School of Medicine: Do not forget to give your guests their tickets to get into the ceremony.
May Commencement Ceremony – Please register by Tuesday, April 30 at 11:59 p.m.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Quinlan School of Business
- School of Communication
- School of Continuing and Professional Studies
- School of Education
- The Graduate School
- School of Law
- Stritch School of Medicine
- Marcella Niehoff School of Medicine
- School of Social Work
August Commencement Ceremony – Please register by Tuesday, July 30 at 11:59 p.m.
- Arrupe College
Students are eligible to participate in the May 2019 Commencement ceremony if they have completed requirements during the 2018–2019 academic year.
Arrupe College students are eligible to participate in the August 2019 Commencement ceremony if they have completed requirements during the 2018-2019 academic year.
All students will need to complete an online registration in order to participate in their Commencement ceremony. If you do not complete this registration, then you will not be allowed to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
However, your name will still appear in the Commencement program, and you will still receive your diploma.
For students graduating from Arrupe College, College of Arts and Sciences, Quinlan School of Business undergraduates, and Stritch School of Medicine this is when you will be able to select tickets for your guests.
*Students finishing their studies in the summer may participate in the May 2019 ceremony, but their degrees will be formally conferred as of August 2019, after they have completed all degree requirements. For more information on graduation and diplomas, visit the Office of Registration and Records.
Applies to the following schools: Arrupe College, College of Arts and Sciences, Quinlan School of Business Undergraduate and Stritch School of Medicine.
Guests of graduates from the above schools, need tickets to enter the Commencement ceremony. All other ceremonies are open admission, and no ticket is required.
Each graduate will receive X* tickets for his or her guests. These tickets are selected when graduates register to participate in the Commencement ceremony. All guests must have a ticket.
Extra tickets for these ceremonies are not available. It is recommended that graduates needing extra tickets ask fellow students to see if they have tickets they no longer need.
Seating is assigned by section for the May Commencement ceremonies, and the graduates will select their sections when they register to participate in Commencement.
After completing the ticket selection process, students will receive a confirmation e-mail from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with a link to print off their tickets. Please note:
- Each ticket contains an individual barcode that cannot be duplicated. Tickets that are copied will not scan correctly and are not valid for use.
- You must present a physical paper ticket at the door or a ticket on your mobile device.
- Selling tickets to Commencement ceremonies is in violation of University policy. Please report any student selling Commencement tickets to your graduate’s dean office.
* Ticket Detail: Arrupe College: 4 tickets; College of Arts and Sciences: 4 tickets; Quinlan School of Business Undergraduate: 6 tickets; Stritch School of Medicine: 6 tickets, additional for a cost.
The Grad Fair is an event sponsored by the Loyola Bookstore that allows students to purchase their academic apparel, have portraits taken, and place orders for other graduation-related items.
All students are highly encouraged to attend a Grad Fair to pick up their regalia for Commencement. If you are unable to attend one of the Grad Fairs, all students receiving either their bachelor’s or master’s degree can call or stop by the Water Tower or Lake Shore bookstore (773.508.7350).
Lake Shore Campus Wednesday, April 3, 2019, from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. MPR Damen Student Center
Water Tower Campus Tuesday, April 16, 2019, from 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. Regents Hall, Lewis Towers