Students who are eligible for Commencement are invited to participate in the ceremony. Below are some steps each student should take in preparing for Commencement.
- Apply for graduation with your dean’s office.
- Complete all necessary coursework to graduate.
- Check LOCUS to make sure your name is spelled correctly and your address is correct. This is how your name will appear on the diploma and where your diploma will be mailed to.
- Check your Loyola e-mail account for messages about registering to participate in your school’s Commencement ceremony.
- Register online to participate in your Commencement ceremony. Arts and Sciences and Business graduates: This is when you will register for your four tickets.
- Attend the Grad Fair to pick up your cap and gown.
- Tell your parents that you’re graduating, and give them the information about your Commencement ceremony. Arts and Sciences and Business graduates: don’t forget to give your guests their tickets to get into the ceremony.
Registration for all Commencement ceremonies closes on Tuesday, May 1 at 11:59 p.m.
Go to www.gradimages.com to look for photos after Commencement. All you need is the students last name, the name of the school and the year.
To expedite your proofs, please visit https://www.gradimages.com/Preregistrationto pre-register your contact information. Graduates who pre-register will receive 20% off an order of $50 or more.
Diplomas are ordered for all graduating students by the University’s Office of Registration and Records. Diplomas are ordered following the end of the graduation term for that term’s graduating class, as soon as the individual schools and departments have posted their graduates’ degrees to the students’ education record.
Diplomas are mailed to the graduate’s diploma mailing address as it appears in LOCUS. Students are responsible for correcting or updating their diploma mailing address as necessary. A student wishing to pick up their diploma(s) must notify diploma@LUC.edu within 10 days following graduation. Diplomas are picked up in the Water Tower Campus Office of Registration & Records (LT 510). Graduates are notified via their luc.edu email accounts when diplomas have been mailed or are ready for pick-up.
Please visit the Office of Registration and Records’ Graduation & Diplomas page for more important information about preparing to receive your diploma, e.g., correct diploma mailing address, correct diploma name, and financial holds.
Only guests of graduates from the College of Arts and Sciences, Quinlan School of Business, and Stritch School of Medicine need tickets to enter the arena. All other ceremonies are open admission, and no ticket is required.
Each College of Arts and Sciences and Quinlan School of Business graduate will receive four tickets for his or her guests. These tickets are selected when graduates register to participate in the Commencement ceremony. All guests must have a ticket.
Extra tickets for these ceremonies are not available. It is recommended that graduates needing extra tickets ask fellow students to see if they have tickets they no longer need.
Seating is assigned by section for these ceremonies, and the graduates will select their sections when they register to participate in Commencement.
After completing the ticket selection process, students will receive a confirmation e-mail from “email@example.com” with a link to print off their tickets. Please note:
- Each ticket contains an individual barcode that cannot be duplicated. Tickets that are copied will not scan correctly and are not valid for use.
- You must present a physical paper ticket at the door in order to be admitted. Our ticket scanners cannot read tickets on any mobile device.
- Selling tickets to Commencement ceremonies is in violation of University policy. Please report any student selling Commencement tickets to your graduate’s dean office.
Because there is only one Commencement ceremony per year at Loyola University Chicago, students are eligible to participate in the May 2018 Commencement ceremony if they have completed requirements during the 2017–2018 academic year.
All students will need to complete an online registration in order to participate in their Commencement ceremony. If you do not complete this registration, then you will not be allowed to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
However, your name will still appear in the Commencement program, and you will still receive your diploma.
For students graduating from the College of Arts and Sciences and the Quinlan School of Business, this is when you will be able to select tickets for your guests.
*Students finishing their studies in the summer may participate in the May 2018 ceremony, but their degrees will be formally conferred as of August 2018, after they have completed all degree requirements. For more information on graduation and diplomas, visit the Office of Registration and Records.
The Grad Fair is an event sponsored by the Loyola Bookstore that allows students to purchase their academic apparel, have portraits taken, and place orders for other graduation-related items.
All students are highly encouraged to attend a Grad Fair to pick up their regalia for Commencement. If you are unable to attend either of the Grad Fairs, all students receiving either their bachelor’s or master’s degree can call or stop by the Water Tower or Lake Shore bookstore at 773.508.7350.
Lake Shore Campus Wednesday, April 4, 2018, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. MPR Damen Student Center
Water Tower Campus Thursday, April 12, 2018, from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. Wintrust Hall