Institute of Environmental Sustainability
The Commencement ceremony for the Institute of Environmental Sustainability (IES) will begin at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 in Gentile Area on Loyola's Lake Shore Campus.
Click here to register to participate in Commencement AND order your graduation apparel.
IES Graduation Reception
(all graduates and their families are welcome)
Monday, May 6, 2019 from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
IES: Student Lounge under the Greenhouse (SLUG)
Monday, May 6, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Madonna della Strada Chapel
Participation in the May 2019 Commencement ceremony is based upon the following eligibility:
- Earned a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in December 2018;
- Will complete all degree requirements by May 2019;
- Will complete up to 12 hours of required coursework during summer 2019*.
*Students finishing their studies in the summer may participate in the May 2019 ceremony, but their degrees will be conferred in August 2019, after they have completed all degree requirements.
- Grad apparel (gowns, caps, and tassels) should be purchased when registering for Commencement. Alternate options include the Grad Fairs and the University Bookstores.
- Plan to arrive no later than 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7.
- Check in at the Den in the Damen Student Center to get your seating card.
- Do NOT lose your seating card!
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. and will last approximately 90 minutes.
- Tassels should be worn on the left side at Commencement.
- Purses and other items should be left with family members, as there will be nowhere to store them, nor will your return to the same seat after crossing the stage.
Items not permitted:
- NO strollers are allowed in the Gentile Arena. If you arrive with them, you will be asked to leave them outside the facility.
- Absolutely no balloons or flags will be allowed in to the arena.