CAS Around Campus
Drop-in Advising. Workshops. Sound Advice.
Workshops: Fall 2018
Each semester, the CAS Dean's Office offers a variety of educational workshops to supplement classroom learning and provide students with additional academic resources.
Graduate School 101: Application Preparation
An in-depth look at the application process for graduate level programs. Find out ways to make your application stand out and create a timeline for successful application completion. This workshop will be offered at two different times to accommodate class schedules.
- Monday, September 10, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. - Sullivan Center, Rm. 253 (computer lab)
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. - IES Building, Rm. 110
- Please RSVP at https://tinyurl.com/gradschool101wkshp
Graduate School 101 Part II: How to Write a Personal Statement
Come prepared for a writing workshop that speaks to all that you have to offer, learn how to write a Personal Statement that allows you to stand out, and find out what makes a Personal Statement well written and well articulated.
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
Managing Your Finances 101
Do you have questions, about managing your finances while in school? The College of Arts and Sciences is partnering with the Financial Aid Office to facilitate a workshop to help student's answer questions like:
-When should I file for FAFSA to recieve the most aid?
-What's the difference between a subsidized and unsubsidized loan?
-Do I have to carry a credit card balance to build credit?
-How can I protect myself against identity theft?
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. - Cuneo Hall 124
- RSVP here: https://tinyurl.com/manage-101
Spring Registration: Nuts and Bolts
Do you need a refresher navigating LOCUS or utilizing your Academic Requirements Report (ARR)? Would you like help registering for Spring 2019 classes? Come to this workshop to recieve information about the nuts and bolts of the registration process!
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. - IES 123
Drop-in Academic Advising: Transfers, Juniors, and Seniors
For current juniors, seniors, and students who transferred to Loyola, drop-in academic advising is offered on a first-come, first-served basis for quick form drop-offs, reviews of current class schedules, and matters that require 10-15 minutes with a CAS academic advisor. Drop-in advising hours are held during the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
Weekly Drop-in Advising Days/Hours: Monday–Thursday, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Mondays: Lewis Towers 930 (CAS Dean's Office @ WTC)*
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: Sullivan Center 235 (CAS Dean's Office @ LSC)*
*Drop-in academic advising will not be available during Mid-semester (Fall) Break, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break (between Fall and Spring semester), Spring Break, Easter Break, Final Exam Weeks, or during the summer (May-August).
Fall 2018 Special Extended Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- August 23-24 (Sullivan 235 only): *See special pre-semester hours at CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
- August 24-31; September 4: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- October 15: January Term 2019 Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 1-2: Spring 2019 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising
- November 1-2: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Spring 2019 or Summer 2019
- November 2: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- November 5-9: Spring 2019 Registration Drop-in Advising
*For a complete schedule of drop-in advising hours, visit CAS Drop-in Advising Hours.
Spring 2019 Special Extended Drop-in Academic Advising Days at Sullivan 235 and Lewis Towers 930 are scheduled for the following dates:
- January 16-19; 22: Late/Change-of-Registration Week Drop-in Advising
- February 12: Summer Session 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
- March 26: Last day to withdraw with a “W”
- April 12-13: Check-Your-Graduation-Degree-Audit Days: For seniors who are graduating in Fall 2018
- April 12-13: Fall 2018 Pre-Registration Drop-in Advising
- April 16-20: Fall 2018 Registration Drop-in Advising
Drop-in Academic Advising: First-Year Students and Sophomores
For current first-year students and sophomores, drop-in academic advising is offered by First and Second Year Advising (FSYA) in Sullivan 260. Visit First and Second Year Advising for details.