- Communications Major and Journalism Minor
- Expected Graduation Date:
- May 2019
1. What is your career goal after graduation, and what are you hoping to accomplish this year related to your major?
After graduation I am hoping to work as a Print Graphic Designer for a magazine or on the in-house creative team for a major department store. This year I am hoping to obtain a spring internship and become involved in student graphic design organizations on campus to improve my portfolio.
2. What do you know now that you wish you knew when you first started school?
I wish I knew that it is okay to not have a major coming into college. I learned so much more about myself during my first year at Loyola than I ever had in high school. By taking classes I was interested in and getting more involved throughout campus I finally figured out what I want to do for a career. Even though I have a general idea of what I want to do, I now know that interests are continuously changing and it is important to find what you are passionate about and not feel confined to a specific major.
3. How did you use the Career Development Center?
I used the Career Development Center to talk to Career Advisors and for mock interviews. I also took the UNIV 224 Career and Life Planning Seminar.