Recruiting Loyola Talent
Why Recruit at Loyola University Chicago?
Loyola University Chicago Fast Facts
- We are Chicago's Jesuit, Catholic University.
- Our university community embraces diversity, encourages personal development, aspires to excellence, and engages our world as global citizens. Learn more about us:
Our History & Progress
- Founded in 1870 as St. Ignatius College, Loyola University Chicago is one of the nation’s largest Jesuit Catholic universities and the only one located in Chicago.
- We are one of only eight percent of all American colleges and universities to have a Phi Beta Kappa honor society chapter.
- Loyola is among a select group of colleges and universities recognized for community service and engagement by prestigious national organizations like the Carnegie Foundation and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Loyola University Chicago consistently among the "top national universities" in its annual publications.
Our Campuses & Centers
- Loyola University Chicago has five campuses in the Chicago area: the Lake Shore Campus, the Water Tower Campus, the Health Sciences Campus, the Retreat & Ecology Campus and Cuneo Mansion & Gardens.
- The University also has two International campuses including the John Felice Rome Center in Italy, and the Vietnam Center in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Total enrollment in 2017 was 16,673 students, 11,420 of whom are undergraduates.
- Our student body comes from 50 states and 82 foreign countries.
- 32 percent are students of color.
- Loyola offers more than 250 student clubs and organizations for students to join.
- 35 percent of students study abroad.
- More than 20 percent of students participate in internship programs.
Our Academic Programs
- Loyola is home to 11 schools and colleges: College of Arts and Science, Quinlan School of Business, School of Communication, School of Education, Graduate Studies, School of Law, Stritch School of Medicine, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, School of Continuing and Professional Studies, School of Social Work, and Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago.
- The University offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and more than 80 minors, and more than 140 graduate, professional, and graduate-level certificate programs
- The Rambler Alumni Nation is 150,000 strong.
- More than 82,000 alumni live in the Chicago area.