Parents & Friends
Dear Parents & Friends of Ramblers!
The career journey begins with decisions such as where to college, evaluating student employment options, and choosing a major. In the Career Development Center, we take every student's choices and challenges into consideration when providing career, internship and professional services. We serve all undergraduate and graduate students as well as alumni by providing resources and expertise to support and guide them from the start of their journey through late in career changes. Our approach consists of personal attention to craft customized services as well as providing a diverse array of opportunities for students to get to know the "world of work" via employer and organizational connections.
For convenience, we offer:
- Office locations at the Lake Shore Campus & the Water Tower Campus
- Career Advising "on the ground", telephone, or video
- 24/7 Access to job & internship opportunities via RamblerLink
- On-demand videos on the most popular advising topics
To help students prepare to be career-ready, we offer:
- LUConnect, a career mentoring and networking program
- UNIV 224 & UNIV 102, career and professional topics courses
- Chaperoned Job Shadow trips across the Chicago-land area
- An internship-quality Student Employment Program
- PreHealth & PreLaw Advising Specialists
What can you do to support students?
- Invite students to get to know their career advisor
- Encourage students to visit us as soon as they get to campus
- Engage us if your company or organization is interested in recruiting a Rambler for internships or full time jobs
- Volunteer your employer to be a Job Shadow or Employer-In-Residence partner
Yours In Service,
Kathryn A. Jackson, M.Ed.
Director, Career Development Center & Business Career Services