Chicago Cardinal Blase Cupich has announced a number of initiatives to address Chicago violence. The first community event will take place during Holy Week 2017. Loyola will join other local institutions and organizations in supporting a walk for peace and Stations of the Cross in Englewood neighborhood on Good Friday.
We are seeking volunteers to live our faith and institutional mission during this event. Volunteers will assist at designated stations in the Stations of the Cross procession and in wayfinding for attendees. Additionally, we are welcoming Loyolans who would simply like to participate.
Where: Englewood neighborhood (transportation provided to and from the Lake Shore Campus)
When: Good Friday, April 14, 2017
The time commitment is as follows:
- Volunteers: 7:45 a.m. depart from Lake Shore Campus, return at approximately 2:00 p.m.
- Participants: 9:30 a.m. depart from Lake Shore Campus, return at approximately 2:00 p.m.
Who: Loyola faculty, staff, and students will join the larger Chicago community
- Transportation will be provided for Loyolans; the pick-up and drop-off location will be at the Father Damen Statue on the Lake Shore Campus.
- There will be walking involved, so please dress comfortably.
- Loyolans are also asked to wear Loyola apparel.
If you have any questions about participating, please contact Campus Ministry at 773.508.2200.