Busy Student Retreat
February 14 - March 28, 2018
Has it been a challenge for you to carve out time for prayer amid your packed schedule?
Are you interested in attending a retreat, but can’t afford to give up a whole weekend to go out to LUREC?
Are you looking for a way to deepen your relationship with God and to find new ways to pray this Lent?
If your answer is “yes” to the above questions, then the Busy Student Retreat is for you!
The on-campus Busy Student Retreat pairs students with a spiritual director to help them find ways to deepen their personal relationship with God and incorporate new ways of praying to their individual prayer life. This retreat is free and open for both Loyola undergraduate and graduate students!
Registration Deadline is Friday, February 2
To participate in the retreat, students must attend any one the following orientation meetings in Damen 217:
- Tuesday, February 6 at 8:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 7 at 8:00 a.m.
- Sunday, February 11, 6:00 p.m.
For the duration of the retreat, you will commit to the following:
- Meet with a spiritual director or spiritual companion once a week for thirty minutes (except during Spring Break)
- Pray for thirty minutes, three times a week
- Optional: Participate in the Ignatian Winter Workout Group: Thursdays, February 8 - March 22, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Damen 217. Get introduced to Ignatian spirituality in a relaxed, group setting. Come for any or all of these six weekly discussions to exercise your values and explore your faith. Open to all Loyola students
At the end of the retreat on Wednesday, March 28, we will gather as a community for a closing Mass at 12:00 p.m. in Madonna della Strada Chapel followed by lunch in Damen 217.
For more information, please contact Dr. John Paul Salay, firstname.lastname@example.org.