Information for Biology Majors
Biology Majors: did you know that you're only three classes away from a minor in Bioethics?
- You're already taking BIOL 101, 103, 111, and 112 as part of your major.
- You're already taking one of the following: PHIL 181, 182, THEO 185, or 186 as part of the core
- Now you only need one 100 or 200 level ethics elective, one 300 level ethics elective, and the Bioethics Capstone course (BIET 395)
Just three more classes and you can:
- Discuss and debate topics such as stem cell research, global warming, the goals of medicine, genetic screening, population growth, assisted reproductive technologies, the use of animals in research, death and dying, and more
- Learn critical thinking and writing skills
- Better understand the social and ethical implications of science and technology
- Prepare yourself (and your grad school applications!) for a career in medicine, teaching, the sciences, law, and more
For more information about adding this minor, contact the Bioethics Minor Program Director today!
Dr. Jennifer Parks