Baumhart Scholars MBA
The Baumhart Scholars mentorship program gives Scholars three critical advantages:
- Career exposure: Connects Scholars’ academic learning with real-world careers that marry profit and purpose.
- Leadership development: Prepares Scholars for leadership through the development of excellent communication, teamwork, and critical thinking skills.
- Values definition: Engages Scholars in coaching and hands-on learning that helps prepare them to make values-based decisions.
Mentors are foremost leaders drawn from across the Chicago economy for their commitment to doing well and doing good. These world-class leaders commit to sharing their experiences, insight, and guidance with Scholars through one-on-one conversations and leadership development exercises.
Leaders who have already agreed to be mentors for the inaugural cohort include:
|Erik Birkerts | Clean Energy
Clean Energy Trust
|Laura Coy | Investing
Director, Philanthropy Strategy
|Laura Eilts | Accounting
Corporate Social Responsibility Leader
|Joe Grossmann | Marketing
|Nicole Johnson-Scales | Banking
Fifth Third Bank
|Matt Kruse | Tech
Head of Social Responsibility
|Alexis Langlois | Human Resources
Former SVP Human Resources
|Kate McAdams | Consulting
|Leeatt Rothschild | Entrepreneurship
Founder and CEO
Packed with Purpose
|Jon Samuels | Private Equity
|Ashish Shah | Healthcare
|Amy Silverstein | Consulting
Senior Manager and Co-leader of Corporate Social Impact
Monitor Institute by Deloitte
|William Towns | Investing
Mentors meet with Scholars five times each academic year:
- Leadership development workshops: The mentor and mentee will meet in a group setting to participate in three leadership development workshops.
- One-on-one meetings: The mentor and mentee will meet twice for one-on-one meetings that allow the mentee to ask more individualized questions and to personally gain insight into the mentor’s career experience.