Guidelines for One Million Degree ApplicantsApply Now
Scholarship Requirements: Qualified students must…
- Have completed the One Million Degrees Program and be in good or excellent standing prior to enrollment at Loyola University. Preference will be given to students who have completed an Associate's Degree.
- Be students at the undergraduate level and have not yet earned a baccalaureate degree
- Have a 2.5 Loyola GPA or 2.5 GPA from high school or previous college. Recipients will need to maintain a 2.5 GPA to remain a recipient of the scholarship.
- Commit to completing at least six (6) credit hours each semester*
- Demonstrate financial need
- Show academic promise and a commitment to degree completion
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
*Six credit hours each semester constitutes taking one course per each eight-week session
- Qualified students include both part- and full-time students, with preference given to newly matriculating students. OMD Scholars/alumni may apply for the scholarship before or after being admitted/enrolled in SCPS.
- Scholarship awards must be applied to student tuition fees exclusively.
- These scholarships are not intended for graduate students, certificate-seeking students, individuals seeking an additional degree, or international students who are visiting the United States with the intention of returning to their countries of origin after graduation.
- Scholarships will be disbursed twice a year – each recipient will receive $2,500 in August and $2,500 in January.
- Recipients will receive the $2,500 scholarship each semester as long as their tuition bill is not less than $2500 (scholarship amounts cannot exceed a tuition bill). Any remaining funds over and above the tuition bill will be put towards a future semester (in which bills are over $2,500).
- To learn more about how Loyola works with OMD partner schools, view our transfer guides.
- The OMD scholarship cannot be combined with other internal SCPS scholarships. (However, this scholarship will be combined with the scholarship provided for CPST 200: Introduction to Degree Completion, which is awarded to all SCPS students.)
- The OMD scholarship can be combined with any outside scholarships, including all scholarships listed on the following sites:
To learn about other SCPS scholarships, visit: our scholarships site.
Questions: Contact Dina Carr – email@example.com – 312.915.6505
Students interested in Loyola’s traditional undergraduate program should visit the following sites for more information: