As a science, psychology emphasizes the study of behavior and experience. As a profession, it applies psychological principles to solutions for individual and social problems.
The Loyola University Chicago programs in psychology aim to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the education of Loyola students
- Provide a substantial and broadly applicable background for a wide variety of careers
- Serve as a foundation for advanced study in various areas of specialization within psychology and other professional fields
- Foster research in the many areas of theoretical and applied psychology
- Stimulate the application of a psychological perspective to one's work, family life and other aspects of daily experience