Dean of Students
The Department of Student Life comprises three offices that are guided by a central mission: Educating and empowering students to lead and to serve. We embody this mission by:
- Upholding the Jesuit tradition of educating the whole person and caring for the individual
- Contributing to the holistic development of students by offering a broad range of co-curricular activities and experiences that focus on areas of intellectual, social, spiritual, cultural and recreational growth
- Promoting an appreciation and respect for all individuals
- Developing leadership skills
- Encouraging students to take responsibility for shaping their personal experiences.
Dean of Students
The Dean of Students Office serves as the coordination center for student advocacy. You may contact the Dean of Students Office for assistance if you are having trouble with a university department, adjusting to college life, or if you just need someone to talk to. Staff members will work with you to help evaluate your situation and refer you to the people who can properly assist you.
Assistant Vice President for Student Life
The Assistant Vice President for Student Life manages the following areas: Office of Student Activities and Greek Affairs (SAGA), Leadership Development & Second Year Experience (LDSYE), Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs, and Halas Recreation Center. The Assist Vice President also advises the Unified Student Government Association & the NASPA Undergraduate Fellowship Program (NUFP).
Assistant Dean of Students, Off-Campus Student Life
The Assistant Dean of Students, Off-Campus Student Life works specifically with Loyola University Chicago's off-campus student population. The Assistant Dean works closely with the Department of Campus Safety, the Department of Community Relations, and other areas of Student Affairs to ensure that Loyola students make a smooth transition to living off campus. The Assistant Dean also works directly with Loyola students and community members to ensure a positive experience for students as well as neighbors.