The Loyola University Libraries welcome guests (age sixteen and older) into our Libraries on the Lake Shore Campus. Please review this guest access policy prior to visiting the libraries.
Guests are encouraged to check our website or call about building hours in advance of coming as hours may vary between terms.
- Web: http://www.luc.edu/ic/
- Phone: 773.508.8000
The Libraries reserve the right to deny access to guests at any time based on the needs of Loyola University Chicago students, faculty and staff. In December, late April, May, and August it is wise to call in advance to verify hours as we are generally not able to offer Community Guest Access during the first week of school and as we approach Final Exam periods in the Fall and Spring.
Community Guest Access hours are normally Monday–Saturday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. All guests must check in at our front desk by providing one of the following IDs:
- Current US Driver’s License
- Current US State Identification Card
- Current Passport
- Current Green Card
- Current Military Identification Card
The following categories of guests have extended access privileges and may enter the buildings during hours we are open, except the hours between midnight and 8 a.m. Please present one of the following along with one of the IDs listed above to enter outside of Community Guest Access hours.
- Friends of the Library Card
- Loyola University Chicago Alumni Card
- Loyola University Chicago Libraries Courtesy Card
- Student/Faculty/Staff ID from a Reciprocal Institution (For details: http://libraries.luc.edu/reciprocal)
- Faculty ID from an Academic Institution
Guests of the Loyola University Chicago Libraries are expected to treat our staff, all other people in our buildings, and our resources with respect. Policies specific to guests are:
- All guests must wear the guest pass provided upon checking into the building.
- All guests and alumni must leave the building by Midnight. Only current Loyola students, faculty, and staff may be on the premises between Midnight and 8 a.m.
- Wireless network access, equipment check-out and use of the Group Study Rooms are restricted to current Loyola students, faculty, and staff.
- Guests may not bring large items (packages, duffel bags, suitcases, etc.) onto library premises without the prior approval of library personnel.
- The IC staff will request to see inside bags and backpacks when guests enter and leave the building.