BA in Applied Studies
The BA in Applied Studies degree provides a strong foundation in communication and business, and the required, selected concentration allows each student to focus on a complimentary discipline and excel in the professional world. SCPS understands that adult students often wish to take a wide range of courses to meet their professional and personal interests, so we have designed this degree to enhance your current career or establish a new one.
Benefits of the program
- Customized format gives you the flexibility to gain new applied and theoretical skills and hone the business skills you already have
- Online, evening, and weekend class formats allow you to pursue your passion for education while balancing work and family life
- FASTRACK courses offered at the Cuneo Mansion & Gardens in Vernon Hills offer blended online and weekend course options
- Honoring your past life experience, students may submit a prior learning assessment portfolio and earn credits from 10 eligible courses
- A program grounded in the University Core Curriculum, students develop skills crucial to facing the challenges of contemporary society
For complete program requirements, course schedules and other information, browse our concentrations:
- Business Communication Certificate
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Finance/Economics Certificate
- Public Relations in a Digital World
- Organizational Development & Leadership Certificate
- Organizational Psychology Certificate
Explore the program
For more information on the Applied Studies BA degree program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The US Department of Education requires any institution offering distance education/online programs to students outside of its home state to acquire authorization from the states in which students reside. Regulations vary from state to state. While Loyola University Chicago is authorized, exempt or pursuing authorization in most states, some restrictions apply. Please see our State Authorization page for the most up-to-date information.
Loyola University Chicago is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.