No Show Fee
The Wellness Center wants to increase your access to services. Cancelling your appointment will make your unused time slot available to another student.
The Wellness Center has a "No Show" policy that will result in a $15 fee for no shows and late cancellations. Students who cancel their appointments at least three hours in advance will not be charged a fee. You will be charged a fee if you cancel your appointment late or do not show up for your appointment.
The Wellness Center is instituting this policy to improve access to services for students. When a student cancels an appointment with enough notice it allows this appointment time to be offered to another student and not be wasted.
No show fees that are unpaid after 3 weeks will be turned over to the Bursar’s Office with an additional $20 late payment charge.
A no show is considered to be any scheduled appointment where the student:
- Does not come in for the appointment at the scheduled time; or
- Cancels the appointment less than 3 hours prior to the appointment or
- Does not cancel by 7am the day of your appointment (for appointments scheduled from 8am-10:30 am).
You can cancel your appointment by notifying the Wellness Center at least 3 hours before your appointment or by 7 a.m. the day of your appointment in the case of an appointment scheduled between 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. This can be done by:
- Calling the Wellness Center and leaving a message at 773-508-8883
- Cancel in person by coming into the Wellness
- Cancel via web portal at wellness.luc.edu
- Login to Open Communicator using your LOCUS ID/password
- Click "appointment" on the left side toolbar
- Click "Cancel appointment" under the appointment you wish to cancel
You will receive three emails notifying you of the late fee. It is your responsibility to read your email. The Wellness Center will automatically reverse the charge for the first occurrence. An appeal must be filed after the first occurrence.
We understand that on a rare occasion there may be extenuating circumstances that prevent you from calling. If this is the case, you may download the No Show Appeal form. The appeal form must be completed and returned to the Wellness Center within 14 days of your missed appointment. You will be informed of a decision within 2 weeks.
The completed form can be delivered to the Wellness Center by:
- Walking the form into the Wellness Center in person (LSC - 6439 N. Sheridan Rd, Suite 311 or WTC - 26 E. Pearson, Suite 250) during Wellness Center Hours
- Faxing the form to (773) 508-2740
- Emailing the form to WellnessCenter@luc.edu
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!