Do you want to take your college academic career to the highest possible level?
You can become an honors student, engage in one-on-one research with faculty, participate in service-learning courses, and even pursue national and international scholarship opportunities. Our prestigious university scholar and honor programs offer high-ability students the chance to:
- Obtain academic course credit through an IB/AP examination at the start of their undergraduate career.
- Participate in hands-on learning experiences that extend beyond the classroom through Loyola's Center for Experiential Learning. Here students can take advantage of academic internships, service-learning courses, and more.
- Prepare and compete for prestigious national and international fellowships and scholarships that commonly provide funding for graduate school, or study and research overseas. Our Fellowship Office can help you navigate through the application processes and prepare compelling academic proposals.
- Participate in the Interdisciplinary Honors Program, which prepares Loyola's most talented and highly motivated students for today's global community. Through this challenging academic program with service-learning components, students examine their own beliefs and roles as citizens.
- Apply to the Loyola Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (LUROP), which promotes one-on-one research collaboration between undergraduate students and faculty researchers.
- Engage in the Ricci Scholars Program, LUROP’s most prestigious study abroad, immersion, and global scholarship opportunity. The Ricci Scholarship Program takes place during your junior year of study in two of the world’s most important cities: Rome and Beijing.
Learn more about LUC's Core Curriculum, majors and minors, the first-year experience, or research and internship opportunities now.