Rome Start is a unique program for students attending high school outside of the United States and select U.S. high school students with demonstrated international interest.
Admission to the Rome Start program includes admission to Loyola University Chicago. The application for admission also serves as an application for Loyola's merit scholarships, which can be used both in Rome and in Chicago.
We've made the Rome Start application process simple and straightforward. Click on a link below to view the application instructions that apply to you.
- Click here if you attend high school outside of the United States.
- Click here if you attend high school in the United States.
To request additional information about Rome Start, complete this online profile.
Admission to Loyola University Chicago and the Rome Start program operates on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application early.
- December 1 is the priority deadline for admission. Applications submitted by this date are given priority consideration for both admission and scholarship opportunities.
- February 1 is the deadline for Loyola’s merit scholarship consideration. Applicants must be admitted prior to February 1 in order to be eligible for merit scholarships.
- All candidates are required to finalize enrollment plans by May 1.
For more information about the Rome Start program, visit Rome Start.